Friday, April 6, 2012
A few hints to make life at the sink more enjoyable or at least, bearable...
- Rinse dishes immediately and make your family do the same when putting them in the sink.
- Rinse dishes before putting them in the dishwasher. Then if you don't wash them right away, nothing funky grows. It also keeps stuff from building up in the dishwasher.
- Clean the dishwasher at least once a year (there are cleaners you just put in the dishwasher and then run the wash cycle on super hot)
- Wear gloves to protect your lovely hands
- Get rid of that nasty sponge and use a dish cloth you can bleach (and use a fresh one, not one that's been sitting at the sink all day)
- Dish soap that contains lemon (citric acid) will discolor and ruin aluminum.
- Wipe down the faucet so it doesn't get water spots. If there are stubborn spots use Lime-Away or white vinegar. If you keep up with this regularly it will take seconds every time.